Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Talking Machine

I think Grant is at such a fun age. He amazes me everyday with the things that he learns and picks up or pays attention to. For instance, we watched Bolt for the first time on Sunday (which by the way we ended up watching 3 times that day and everyday since :) and at the beginning credits they showed Steamboat Willy (aka Mickey Mouse). Well I was pointing to it and said, "look bubba, there is Mickey Mouse." He started clapping his hands and ran down the hallway toward his room. He was in there for about 45 seconds and I was getting up to check on him when he came racing down the hall with this HUGE Mickey Mouse that 'Santa' got him for Christmas. I just laughed and thought that was the cutest thing!!

It seems like everyday that I get home from work he has learned a new word or he is saying things I have never heard him say before. I kind of get sad knowing that he is growing up so quickly, but I also get excited because I cant wait to watch him grow and see the person he becomes. Here is some of his vocabulary as of right now, almost 21 months!!

*Caillou (that has been a constant)
*Ball (favorite word at the moment, everything is ball!)
*Bolt
*Cracker
*No... yes, he has mastered this word, no troubles there :)
*Sticker
*Mamaw
*Papaw
*Momma
*Dadda
*Bo-Bo (our dog)
*Reggie (really it sounds like eggie!)
*Elmo
*Block
*Duck
*Hair
*Shoe

These are just to name a few.... here are some pictures from Sunday where he actually sat for a long period of time and watched Bolt!!!! He decided he didnt want any pants on too!






No comments: