Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our plane ride home!!

Well after the first experience getting to AZ, I think we mentally tried to get prepared for what may happen on the way home. It was another non-stop flight and it was again supposed to be during a naptime for Mr. GMan! We decided to buy some Childrens Benedryl, since my forgetful mind forgot it on the way out. That was given to him (a very small amount before we got to the airport.) We get to the aiport about an hour and a half early and got to the gate. He was playing, I got some nice greasy BK breakfast for the family to split and he was already looking tired. Within about 20 minutes at the gate, they start boarding.

We got on the plane, got our stuff put away got settled in and Grant was chill. He continued to eat, looked at magazines, flirting with every lady in sight. I watched a man and woman couple come on and sit in front of us and was thinking, please let these people be ok in case Grant had an episode again. The man was pretty darn hefty... I would say about 275-300 lbs. The minute he sits down, he leans his chair back leaving me almost NO ROOM. So that was hiccup number one, since I knew I could hold Grant for a little bit and he could look out the window.

We took off, no problem... we are in the air for about 1.5 hours and the mysterious toddler started to put on a show like he did on the first flight. I thought OMG, not this again. We were all tired and I did not want to break another bra. ;) He was crying, flipping, kicking, getting super hot... so bad to the point Scott had to walk up and down the aisle to calm him down. I told him to wash out his sippy cup and put some ice cold juice in it, he had only had milk earlier and water before we got on the plane. That seemed to help a bit. He at least stopped crying. He was still fidgeting and not comfortable, but really who isnt in an airplane?
Overall, for how old he is... I think he handled the flights pretty well. It was definitely an experience. Everyone around us was totally understanding. Although as we were leaving this husky flight attendant, who was taking care of first class passengers, commented to the couple that walked out behind me "oh, is cranky better?" OMG, are you kidding me? First off, we were no where near first class and how dare you say that about my child? I am pretty sure he was not the worst kid that has ever been on a flight she has been on. Those were fighting words. Had I not been ready to get off that plane, I may have given her a peace of my mind... but I left it at that. We were glad to be home, although we miss our Cromie's and will hopefully see them in June!












No comments: