Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June storms

For the record my boys and I never usually go out to dinner on a "school night." I find it very important to cook dinner every night and eat together as a family, then immediately play afterwards. Today was a crazy day at work, I was completely swamped and just really wanted to go out to dinner and do something different... and was NOT in the mood to cook. We were watching the news before we left and we knew some thunderstorms were going to be coming, but nothing more than that. Wow, did we see some wacky stuff this evening. We headed into downtown Fishers and the sky was green... GREEN! You could tell exactly where the storm started. We got passed DQ and it started raining and briefly hailing. I told Scott to quickly pull into this bank that was coming up. It was a good thing we did. We pulled into the ATM lane and it went nuts. The trees were completely sideways, the large hail was coming down and my poor little man was so scared and started crying!! I climbed into the back seat and I looked around everywhere and the sky was sooo incredibly dark and there were now 5 cars all trying to squeeze into this bank! We watched this storm for about 15 minutes before we left. We decided to just go ahead and pick something quick up, didnt want to take anymore chances. Thankfully, we had no damage to our car, but as we drove across the street to the Marsh parking lot we saw at least 10 cars who had their back windows busted out. Then we looked up and saw the big, large glass windows of the supermarket completely busted. OMG!!




As we drove home we saw all kinds of stuff, debris everywhere, large trees and pine trees uprooted, flooding like you wouldnt believe. Its not like it was even a long storm, but it caused a lot of damage. We got home and again, thankfully there was no damage to our house, our neighbor did lose a tree (completely split in half) as did a few other people in the neighborhood. We are supposed to have more storms tomorrow, I hope it is nothing like this evening. The pics above are the couple of pictures I was able to snap from my phone!

1 comment:

Christina... said...

I thought Texas storms were crazy!! Glad you guys were all good!!