Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Love

This is just randomness and it really touched my heart today.

I work out of multiple hospitals on a daily basis, today I happen to be at University Hospital running around like a mad woman. On my way back up to the Oral Surgery floor, I was behind an elderly couple, the woman probably in her early 60's and man in his late 60's early 70's. They were walking kind of slower, which I didnt mind. Like I always do... I eavesdrop and kind of pay attention to people, I am a definite people watcher. While I was walking down 1st Street (yes, all the hallways are named to help people find their way) behind this couple they were talking quietly to each, that conversation I couldnt hear, but as they were talking I could see the passion that was there. As we got midway down the hallway, they kind of slowed down and adjusted some things they were carrying. I saw the man look at her and grab all of her things in one of his hands and grabbed her other hand and held it tight. That almost put tears in my eyes... there they walked all the way down the hall and to the registration desk hand in hand. I can only hope that my husband and I are doing the same thing when I am their age... hopefully not in a hospital, but you know what I mean. True love is so rare, I believe, and I really think that is what I saw today. Of course, you never know, she could have been yelling at him in the car on the way there... :) but for that moment it touched someone's life that doesnt even know them!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

My parents were like that, even more so as they got older.