Friday, March 27, 2009

Weight Loss

You know, I have never been the type that had to worry about weight. My family used to tease me because no matter what I ate, I was always sooooo incredibly thin.... I mean I remember when I was dating an ex, I would go visit him every month and eat like a flipping champ; at the airport a Cinnabon there (which BTW is about 1200 calories for 1, count it, 1 roll!!) and the way back and going out to eat every night I was there... well that all changed about 5 years ago. When you get in a relationship you get very comfortable with the person you are with. You eat all the time, you just kind of hang out... and drinking beer is a downfall :) This is what happened with my husband and I. Then, of course, when you have the opportunity to bear a child you suddenly come to the conclusion... I gained 25 lbs but only had a 5 lb baby, WTF!? :)

I always harped on people who made New Year's resolutions to lose weight, I mean who doesnt say that. Well this year it happened to me and I was going to make it happen!! I started thinking about it after my husband said he needed to go on a diet and lose weight. I instantly was ready and I really think it has helped that we have done it together. Everyone that has seen me can tell a major difference, but I am happy to write that I am now 26 lbs lighter to date... 10 more lbs and I am at the point where I can wear my skinny, skinny jeans again!! WOO HOO!! My husband, being that men drop weight like a hat, has lost 30 lbs. I was thinking the other day... I probably should have done this before my wedding, but whatever. I am with the person I love and we are both fit and fabulous.

You may be wondering how I have done it... it's simple. I use this wonderful website, caloriecount.about.com to log all of my food and exercise so I know exactly how many calories I consume a day and how many I burn. You could say it has become an addiction, but hey, if the shoe fits wear it. ;)



1 comment:

Laura said...

We think you are amazing!