Saturday, March 21, 2009

The first one...

Like people dont have enough ways to see what I am up to, how I am doing and to see cutie pics of Grant. I thought a blog would be absolutely wonderful for my friends and family to get even more information about the Suter's and what we are up to! I mean our lives are pretty darn interesting, wouldnt you say??

So I always told my husband that when I get my blog up and going I want to tell a funny story about his experience and fatherhood with Grant. For those of you that know us, you have undoubtedly heard this story before, but it is always good to hear it again. :)

Back in the early fall my husband was off from work (he works 4, 10 hour days and gets off alternating Wednesday's and Friday's). Now mind you, whenever daddy is home by himself, something is going to happen... it has just worked out that way. Well I am at work and it is about lunch time so I head over to Riley to pick up a wrap when I hear my phone go off. I can always tell in the tone of his voice that something has happened, he is irritated etc. So I answer and he just starts off with "hey" (LONG PAUSE)... "whatcha up to"... (LONG PAUSE), as I start to answer he says, "you know what your son just did." With a little boy, the possiblities are endless. Apparently daddy had laid him down and didnt put any pants on, just his diaper and a long shirt. As you might have guessed it... this curious little 14 month old decided he did not want to take a nap, so as quietly as he could he took his diaper off and spread poo EVERYWHERE. It was in his crib, on his sheets, on his body, in his hair, you name it, he managed to get it there. Poor Scott, I tried to be a loving wife and supportive mother as he was so irritated, but I could not help from dying laughing, once I realized everything was ok. He claims to me, just wait until it happens to you.... (just as a follow up, not but a few weeks later daddy had to deal with the same thing, except it was VOMIT:). He had to clean everything up by his lonesome and for the record we are now less 2 safari sheets ;)

I hope you enjoy my opening story... I know are lives arent the most interesting, but with parenting, it doesnt come with a manual.... so everyday is a new story and new adventure! Enjoy!!

Amanda Lynn Suter

1 comment:

Christina... said...

Poor daddy!! I can honestly say this hasn't happened to us YET but I do hope that if it happens Daniel is here by himself!! HAHAHAHA