Monday, July 6, 2009

Another vacay?

So, it has definitely been awhile since I have posted anything. Things have been crazy busy at work and when I get home, I just want to veg out and hang with my boys! Well I finally got an opportunity to take another long weekend and hang out. It seems like so much has happened since I was on here last, I accepted a new position (a promotion, YEAH GO ME!) to be the HR representative for the IU School of Dentistry. It was a very hard decision to make, I love where I am at, love the people and most of what I do... but I looked at where I needed to be professionally and what would be the best for our family and I knew this was the option for me. Its great because I have already worked with my new boss, this entire year and she is the person that hired me in my position now, so she knows exactly what is needed to make me effective!! :)

Grant started "school", really it is daycare, but we call it school, one day a week. The first day he loved it, but last week he was really sad :( I think he will really start to like it, it just may take some time. He brings home the CUTEST artwork ever. Sometimes you wonder if the teacher did it and wrote their name on it, or if they did it. The first one was definitely his, but the second, looked like the teacher did them all and just labeled them with their names on it :) hahaha

We went to the Fishers Festival, which is always fun! They have all kinds of booths and things to do for little kids, of course I think the food is the best thing :) We let Grant go to town on some chocolate ice cream on a Saturday morning, boy did he love that!! HA
Fourth of July was really fun.... we hung out at home, G passed out early and we did a block party. Had drinks, sat in the ran, lite fireworks... the whole SHABANG! I would post funny some videos of the karaoke that took place in our house, but that is bad, bad evidence that I dont want leaked on the net... (you better not PATRICIA!! ;)
I really enjoy my mini vacations... I am off work until Thursday and it is FABULOUS! I posted some random pics.. hopefully, with my new job, I will have a little more time to post and get organized!



No comments: